Just a quick note to say, if you have young children who haven’t gotten a flu shot, or if you have special problems or are at the age group that needs a shot – PLEASE do it ASAP. This years flu will be deadly for many. The children are particularly at danger for the next few months. It’s not too late to get them a shot.
Eighteen children have died from it already.
Tips to keep well.
1. Wash hands often. Tell children to sing a song and wash until they are done (at least thirty seconds).
2. If you eat out wipe silverware, salt and pepper, ketsup, etc. off with napkin. Try to use a straw instead of drinking directly from the glass. Eat at home if you can.
3. This strain is worse as there is a three hour window after someone sneeezes or coughs – for instance in an elevator the cough can coat areas.
4. Use your knuckles to press buttons. Remember coughs and sneezes travel at least twenty feet.
5. These items can transmit the flu. ATM buttons, money, telephones, door knobs, etc. etc. etc.
I am NOT fearful. I am not panicked. I just believe that we all need to help the little ones, and ourselves. Be healthy and safe and perhaps we can begin a domino effect in “staying well.”
God cares! I care too!!
Tags: child, contagious, current events, family, flu, friends, God, happiness, healthy, help, hope, human race, kindness, LIFE, people, personal, philosophy, random, sick, the elderly, thoughts, wellness, women, working class people